Great Bear Chase Countdown
The 39th annual UP Health System Great Bear Chase is almost here! Conditions are looking great, with a packed base of 36” on the course and great temperatures leading up to Saturday, March 9th.
Online registration will be open until midnight on Wednesday, March 6. Last-minute registration will also be available at the Calumet High School from 4-8:30 p.m. the day before the race. Registration will not be accepted on race day. Save money by registering before prices increase on March 4th.
To register now, visit http://www.greatbearchase.com/registration/.
2019 Great Bear Chase Race Details
Before you hang up your skis for the season, consider joining over 700 skiers by participating in one of the last ski events of the year. The Great Bear Chase has earned a reputation as a laid-back, skier-orientated weekend that allows skiers of all experience levels to finish their season with a high-quality event. Some highlights of this year’s race include:
- The 2019 Great Bear Chase will feature seven races: 50 km Skiathlon, freestyle and classic 50 km, 25 km and 10 km races.
- Unique race - the 50km Skiathlon features a combined competition of 25 km of classic skiing followed by 25 km of freestyle skiing. The Great Bear Chase 50km Skiathlon is part of the CXC Marathon Cup.
- Handcrafted awards – a tremendous amount of time and effort has gone into the creation of numerous race awards. Over 100 wood carved skis will be given to 1st place finishers in all age groups. Unique copper awards will be given to overall male and female winners of each race in addition to other top finishers in the 50K Freestyle. To see a detailed breakdown of the age groups visit our race guide at http://www.greatbearchase.com/race-guide/.
- Toko hats – all participants will receive a cool 2019 Great Bear Chase Toko hat.
- Bib pick-up is at the Calumet High School, 4-8:30 p.m. on Friday, March 8, and 6-8:30 am on
Saturday, March 9. You can find details, maps, and other information in the race guide at http://www.greatbearchase.com/race-guide/
We hope to see you at the 39th annual Great Bear Chase on Saturday, March 9th, 2019!