Chester Bowl Shared Trail Use Survey
Dear Neighbors and Friends of Chester Park
This letter is to inform you that the City of Duluth is extending the Stage I trial period for shared hiking and cross-country ski use on the groomed cross-country ski trails at Chester Park. Due to staffing changes and shortages within the Parks and Recreation Division, a formal recommendation for Chester Bowl ski trails was not brought to City Council in 2017 as outlined in the Chester Park Mini-Master Plan.
Chester Bowl cross-country ski trails will be shared use for the 2017-2018 season. The trail will be monitored weekly and have more extensive signage. Neighbors and trail users are encouraged to complete an online survey administered by the Parks and Recreation Division by visiting, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/chesterbowlskitrail In addition, two public meetings will be held in 2018.
We appreciate your patience during this trial period and request that trail users adhere to the following guidelines for shared use:
- Please follow directional arrows for hiking and ski use
- Hikers are directed to use the far side of the trail as indicated by signage
- Skiers practice caution and reduce speeds on downhills
- Dogs must be leashed to ensure the safety of both pets and trail users
- Please consider using alternate hiking trails in Chester Park including the Chester Rim Trail and Chester Creek Trail
Additional questions or concerns can be directed to Andy Holak, Trails Coordinator at email@example.com
Duluth Parks and Recreation