Battle Creek Snowmaking Advocacy -- Action Alert
We are closer than ever to getting snow at Battle Creek but we need your help. Below are three ways to help. We are on a tight deadline! Please complete these advocacy items by Thursday, May 2.
1. In the next two days, please call Senator Senjem, Senator Gazelka, and Governor Walz. These are the key stakeholders. They must hear from us! Speak from your heart and personal experience. Keep the message short, but let them know why you’d like to see snowmaking infrastructure at Battle Creek Regional Park.
SAMPLE MESSAGE: Please include Battle Creek Snowmaking Infrastructure in any end-deal Capitol Bonding bill. It is important to me because: ___________________________.
Governor Tim Walz: 651-201-3400
You will be getting a staff/receptionist who takes calls all day long from constituents. These are tracked and are important for us to make, in order to show strong support.
Senator Dave Senjem (R-Rochester): 651-296-3903
He chairs the Senate Bonding committee and will be a key decider in how big the bonding bill is and what is included.
Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka (R-Nisswa): 651-296-4875
2. Have kids make a short (less than 2 minute video) that will be shared with Senator Senjem.
3. Send Chrissy Snider a picture of your team/club/group/kids skiing!
Include the following information:
- Name and location of team/club/group.
- Number of participants.
- How many practices did you need to cancel or move in 2018-2019 season.
- How many races were cancelled in 2018-2019.
- Any other vital information of how no snowmaking at Battle Creek affected your team.
On behalf of the Minnesota Youth Ski League and skiers throughout the region, thank you for your time and effort.
Minnesota Youth Ski League (MYSL)