FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 23, 2020
Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association is searching for an Executive Director
CAMBA is a successful 25+ year old 501c3 non profit organization, whose mission is;
- plan, build and maintain exceptional trails;
- host exceptional events;
- build community and drive economic enhancement through trails.
Based in beautiful Bayfield and Sawyer Counties in NW Wisconsin, our vision is to be the premiere off-road cycling destination in the upper Midwest.
CAMBA is seeking a dynamic Executive Director to lead our organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization, ensuring efficient operations to effectively meet business goals while delivering on our mission and vision.
The Executive Director ensures that staff members are aligned with the organizations mission and vision, while managing daily operations.
Our organization has a close-knit culture in which we place a high priority on communication, recognition and collaboration. We are in search of an Executive Director who is aligned with our culture and will continue to enhance it through positive leadership. CAMBA is hosting a national search for an Executive Director with the vision and enthusiasm to chart the course for the next phase of growth for our organization.
Compensation: Salary and other compensation commensurate with experience.
CAMBA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director is the key manager of the organization and is responsible for the oversight of all administrative requirements and efficient operations of the organization to meet the organizations objectives. The Executive Director shall have the authority to authorize expenditures, execute agreements, hire staff and engage with outside entities, within the parameters set by the organizational budget. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is the face of CAMBA, working closely with the Board of Directors, government officials and the public, forming relationships with land managers, contributors, sponsors and the community to implement the organizations Vision to be the premier off-road riding area in the upper midwest, while hosting exceptional events, building community through economic benefit of trails to our area.
REQUIRED SKILL SET:
- Fundraising. Driving fundraising within the organization, while utilizing the board, grants, events, sponsorships and donations falls to the Executive Director to lead. Demonstrating the ability to drive fundraising is a required skill.
- Marketing. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of Social Media, digital marketing, website function, as well as more traditional forms of marketing. Strong writing and public speaking skills using modern technology are required skills.
- Communication. The successful candidate will show strong communication skills with all constituents and the community at large.
- People management. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a successful history of managing people - both staff and volunteers.
- Financial understanding. As the head of the organization, a clear understanding of the organizations basic financial standing through regular reports, analytics and metrics is imperative.
- Develop annual operating budget for review and approval by the board of directors.
- Insure operated are conducted within the approved budget.
- Develop and manage analytical reporting and metrics and analytical tools to drive successful performance.
- Implement and evolve strategic plans that meet business goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Drive Board on meeting agenda, minutes and strategic direction and plan.
- Work with Board President to recruit individuals for board seats that can help oversee critical business functions, drive the organizations strategic plan, and drive fundraising efforts.
- Responsible for regular board meetings; including scheduling, writing board agenda and minutes, create additional documents as requested by board and keep board informed on upcoming meetings, trends and issues affecting trails and connectivity.
- Recruit, develop and manage staff to be the highest performers that align with the organizations culture of being positive, getting a lot of work done, and being an asset to the organization and community.
- Staff will report directly to the ED. All annual performance reviews and goals for staff will be managed by the ED,
- Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, including shareholders and government agencies
- Collaborate with businesses and other entities in the community to propel the organizations goal of community development.
- Develop fundraising schedule to meet the budget; scheduling meetings with donors, applying and writing grants, creating marketing and fundraising plans to meet the goals.
- Personally drive fundraising through donors and connections.
- Develop annual marketing plan, editorial calendar, write and distribute press releases, oversee and implement digital marketing goals (create social media posts).
- Develop annual trail work plan with Trail Operations Manager and or Trail Committee, adhering to the organizations goal of safe, sustainable, high fun factor, community asset in regards to trails.
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit
- Management or supervisory experience.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Knowledge of outdoor recreation and community engagement coupled with a solid understanding of outdoor recreation advocacy issues, state land management agencies
- Strong marketing, public relations experience.
- Proficiency with the use of modern technologies such as the Internet/web, database management, Microsoft Office and social media platforms. Desktop publishing experience highly desired.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- A passion for the sport is required for this position. You will be outside on the trails with others!
- Able to sit or stand in an office setting.
- May need to reach, climb, balance, crouch, stoop and stretch as needed in execution of duties.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- No difficulties with typing or repetitive motion.
- Ability to withstand inclement weather conditions for outdoor events.
The position will stay open until filled. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as submitted. Filling the position and hiring can happen at anytime.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org