FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 20, 2021
Bethel Outing Club Program Director/Head Coach Job Opening
The Bethel Outing Club seeks a Program Director/Head Coach to launch their 3-year initiative ‘Maine West Project Play.’ A successful candidate will be:
- Creative in designing an outdoor sport program that equally emphasizes physical literacy and social/emotional well-being.
- Resourceful in managing existing program assets and developing new funding streams.
- Collaborative in reinforcing community partnerships and broadening the reach of the program.
- Committed to ensuring that all members of our community have access to high quality outdoor programming regardless of financial ability.
- Experienced in coaching the technical aspects of the people-powered sports of cross country skiing, mountain biking, running and alpine ski touring.
This 3-year initiative is a direct response to the heightened sense of isolation, hopelessness and depression in our community resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic. In addition to being a great coach, we are looking for a candidate interested in working with mental health experts to build resilience in our kids and adhere to the philosophy of The Aspen Institute’s “Project Play.” Although based in Bethel, Maine, we hope to scale the program to reach other communities in subsequent years.
The Bethel Outing Club (BOC) is a 501c3 organization that has historically been committed to fostering the development of Nordic Skiing in Western Maine. Although the BOC believes in the importance of competition, it is refocusing its programming to meet the needs of the moment. We hope to utilize sport to build resilience in our community.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to Wade Kavanaugh, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Salary is commensurate with experience.