Trail Detail

3.5K
Skating/Classic
No
No
[ NWS ]
New Reports Report Requests

Notes

Rated beginner to intermediate.
Proximity
Search
Ski Trails Rollerski Trails Stores Lodging
Within    

Trail Reports

Reports 3 to 12 of 63    Month: Mar | Feb | Jan | Dec | Nov
Sunday, February 28, 2021
Evening
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Rock skis ]
Sunset skied until 6:45 pm when I couldn't see anymore and managed to get 6k in, a spring skiing perk! The trail has seen a ton of use and melting. Classic tracks are ice now. Some spots have snow blown in. Areas of the skate deck are rather rutted. A few areas of slush crossing the whole width are now rutted ice. Most can be avoided but not the one at the highest point near the bee box, where it's melted to the ground all the way across the trail with no great way around but not impossible (this my rock ski rating). Gotta say tho, the snow everywhere except the trail is great, set up nice. I skied to the left making my own tracks with rex universal tar and old slightly wider skis and it was really great and should be tomorrow too.
Photos:
(Jeff Streier)
Friday, February 26, 2021
Afternoon
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ B skis ]
Skate deck was quite good in the warm afternoon. Coverage is still complete, just some hints of bare ground creeping in from the sides. Not many people out on this beautiful day. Hopefully there are still one or two more good days left!
(Pete Keith)
Thursday, February 25, 2021
Afternoon
Firsthand: Classic 
[ B skis ]
Thank you groomers for (at least) one more day of classic skiing in tracks! Two spots to step around, and the sun and warm temps are doing their damage, but it was doable and the first climb up Edgecumb in the shade was actually mostly nice kick even without klister (rex red). Ended up double poling lots due to the ice and a few mush near slush spots.
(Jeff Streier)
Thursday, February 25, 2021
Morning
Grooming 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
The trail groomed up fairly well this morning, considering the high usage and warming temperatures. There was a new classic track added along side the old one, which had some deep iced groves. The skate deck is in okay condition.
Photos:
(Amanda Smith, St. Paul Parks and Recreation)
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Evening
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
The ice definitely made for a sketchy ski but the overall coverage was much better than anticipated. The tracks and deck were hard and fast although rutted somewhat. Only two spots did I feel the need to step out of the tracks.
(Matt Sargent)
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Afternoon
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
Skied at 1:30 this afternoon with a car-thermometer temperature of +40F. The deck was in surprisingly good shape 75% of the time. The other 25% of the trail was sun-baked and very soft. I looked at the classic track - my preferred technique - and it looked wet and slushy, but I didn't see any grass showing through. The trail can't take many more days like we had this week before it disintegrates; nevertheless, I am glad I got to ski there today.
(Michael Kuhne)
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Afternoon
Firsthand: Classic 
[ B skis ]
Well, it's only February, so I had to try. Bailed out after 1k. Classic tracks are probably done for the season unless we get considerable new snow and colder temps - tracks were collapsing underfoot, lots of bare spots emerging, yellow spots too = slush imminent or arrived. Rock skis and lots of luck if you try classic in the tracks. Skate deck has lots of deep grooves too. High school team giving skating a go as I left and seem to be doing ok.
(Jeff Streier)
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Afternoon
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
Sunny, smooth, wonderful ski. Not groomed recently, but fresh snow over what is probably a bit icy made for a nice ski. Classic tracks looked melty.
(Anna Henderson)
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Morning
Firsthand: Classic 
[ B skis ]
What a difference a week makes! Mild temps mid-morning when I took my skin skis over to try to hit the sweet spot between ice and slush. The tracks are valiantly trying to hang on but won't last much longer. Up by the stadium there are areas of debris. A nice day for skaters - the deck was still firm, not sugary on the uphills. Just a little skittery on the last sharp downhill turn. On my last lap just before noon I could see the slushy discoloration starting to appear in a few spots. Get out there while it lasts! Thanks, groomers, for giving us such a great local option.
(Kelly Trewartha)
Sunday, February 21, 2021
Evening
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
In the steadily falling - and accumulating - snow, the tracks were easily followed and slippery, making for a nice end-of-day excursion!
(Jim Accurso)

First Previous Next Last