FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 22, 2022
Minnesota High School Coaches Association Fall Meeting, Oct 15th
Dear Nordic ski coaches,
Our annual Fall meeting is Oct. 15th, at 9:30 at the Mora Vasaloppet Nordic Center. Please join us in person. A virtual option will be available, however you will not be able to participate as fully. A link for the virtual option will be sent out the week before the meeting.
Please RSVP if you will be attending in person.
Please join your coaches' association by clicking HERE, and encourage your assistant coaches and volunteers to join. Membership in the coaches' association gives you voting rights, eligibility for All-State Awards, Scholarships, Coaches' education opportunities, Coaches' Awards, and $2,000,000 of liability insurance. Plus, you will be better informed which will enable you as a coach to more effectively work towards constructive change and growth within the sport of high school Nordic Skiing.
The numbered list below includes links to some very important information. Please set aside 10-15 minutes to review all of this information before the meeting on October 15th. Our organization is only effective if we are all well-informed and if we then keep our assistant coaches and parents informed.
- Oct. 15th Fall Meeting Agenda
- Minutes from April meeting
- Amended By-Laws of our association - we will be voting to approve these amendments Oct. 15th - only members can vote.
- New powerpoint explaining who we are and what we do. It will be put on the website.
Candidate bios for President and President-elect:
- Proposals for changes to the State Meet (a - e) and for a change to our season dates (f). We will be voting Oct. 15th whether to move these forward to a state-wide vote or not. Only members can vote.
- USSA Coaches' Level 50 Clinic information - there will be a clinic for new coaches to receive Level 50 USSA Certification following our meeting on Oct. 15th.
We are still accepting nominations for President and President-Elect, so send them along if you or someone you know is interested.
Don't forget to RSVP. See you on October 15th!
Note: Any vendors interested in a vendor fair should contact Paula Anderson.
Paula Anderson, Ely
Interim President - MSHSNSCA