Trail Detail

Madison, WI
10K
Skating/Classic
Yes
No
[ NWS ]
New Reports Report Requests

Notes

Two main loops: East and West trails. East trails are more hilly, West trails are lighted (5K).
Proximity
Search
Ski Trails Rollerski Trails Stores Lodging
Within    

Trail Reports

Reports 1 to 8 of 8    Month: Feb | Jan | Dec
Thursday, February 2, 2023
Afternoon
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
Good to excellent conditions. Groomers were finishing the skate lanes around noon. The trails were nicely packed with loose snow from the grooming. Full coverage and no debris. It did not look like the classic tracks were going to be regroomed.
(Michael Wiegel)
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Afternoon
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
Reports of excellent are not what I experienced. Overall good but slow late this afternoon. There are areas with leaves and twigs in the trails. There are also areas where mowed vegetation poke through the snow.
Photos:
(Michael Engel)
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Afternoon
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
Near-perfect conditions. Tracks were present on all trails and the skate deck looked flat and firm. Thanks, groomers!
(Anna Meyer)
Monday, January 30, 2023
Evening
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
There's good snow coverage on the lit loop. There must have been lots of Madison folks eager to ski because the classic tracks were flattened out in a lot of areas. Stay warm out there!
(Shannon Dillard)
Saturday, January 28, 2023
Afternoon
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
Skated starting at 11:00. Plenty of coverage on the west loops and not yet enough new snow for the trails to be too loose. Overall great conditions, hopefully the groomers will be out in the early morning.
(Michael Wiegel)
Tuesday, December 27, 2022
Afternoon
Firsthand: Both 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
Very good skiing on both hills. There are some bare spots in open areas and places where the groomer hit ground. Some litter from the high winds, the worst part is the return on the west loop where leaves tugged my waxless skis in spots. All hills well covered with enough loose snow for control on turns, you'd never guess how little snow there is, excellent grooming here again.
(Robert Abendroth)
Saturday, December 17, 2022
Morning
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
Amazing conditions for mid-December in Madison! About 75% of the trail was in great shape (just a bit soft), the remaining 25% was thin in places, ranging from frozen slush to grass poking through. Three spots to be careful in: thin conditions by the pine trees on the east trails, lots of tree debris (a tree fell across the trail and was removed?) just after getting on the main west loop after crossing the soccer fields, and exposed rocks on the shortcut uphill to the high point on the west loop. Grooming was in-progress as I left (no classic tracks yet).
(Anna Meyer)
Thursday, December 15, 2022
Afternoon
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, Rock skis ]
No grooming yet, but a few of us broke trail for the rest of you! As of Thursday, at least three trees were blocking the trails, but can be climbed over safely. There are some wet spots that require scraping off your skis after. Enjoy the winter wonderland.
(Dave Minden)