Trail Detail

Maple Plain, MN
12.6k
Skating/Classic
No
No
763-694-7660
[ NWS ]
New Reports Report Requests

Notes

The trails pass through a nice combination of woods and lakes.
Proximity
Search
Ski Trails Rollerski Trails Stores Lodging
Within    

Trail Reports

Reports 1 to 10 of 34    Month: Jan | Dec
Sunday, January 26, 2020
Morning
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
Very nice conditions a Baker. The skate deck was firm with about 1" of loose snow and freshly groomed. No bare spots and only a couple of icy spots that were easy to ski around. The classic tracks were set and in good shape. Well worth the drive out.
(Steve Hum)
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Afternoon
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
Skated the Island and Timber trail loops. As you might expect in 35F weather, the snow was fast, although more packed and icy than I thought they would be. It was hard to get an edge at times. There was also a substantial amount of tree debris in spots, although nothing I was concerned about, and no bare spots. Overall, the skiing was very enjoyable, and the groomers seem to be doing a fantastic job, but I'm not sure what will happen with continuing warm weather. The classic tracks seemed to be in good shape but I didn't ski them.
(Kristian Markon)
Monday, January 20, 2020
Afternoon
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
I did the outside perimeter of the course. It was the perfect day and conditions for me, as I am a "fair weather" skier. The grooming seemed recently done or that not many people had been out today.
(Carolyn Sund)
Saturday, January 18, 2020
Afternoon
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
Baker was windblown but that’s to be expected today. I saw the groomer on the beginner trail as I came in the parking lot. Probably 25 cars in the lot as I started out. I encountered 5 other skiers as I circled down to and thru the Island Loop. The classic tracks were fine in the trees but blown over in open areas; the wind was persistent! A few oak leaves here and there but overall, if you dress for it, an invigorating experience!
(Tom Mayer)
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Morning
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
Pulled into a near empty parking lot and found freshly groomed trails, light snow falling. Kicked all around the outside and Rode -1/-7 or Rode VO worked great. Few icy spots on the classic tracks but all in all, very nice.
(Peter Leugers)
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Morning
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
Skied Baker this morning. Grooming was in process. Trails had been groomed but only some tracks reset. Spent half the time skiing in snow filled track. Skate deck was nice with full coverage except a couple icy sections. They were pouring cement in front of the chalet so access was a little cumbersome to chalet and ski trail.
(Mary Luoma)
Monday, January 6, 2020
Morning
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
Overall good. I skied from about 11 to noon. Grooming was underway. Skating lane was generally covered with some icy patches but plenty of coverage. Tracks are several days old with some dirt in a few spots. Way better than more of the manufactured loops!
(Steve Eberly)
Sunday, January 5, 2020
Afternoon
Firsthand: Classic 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
Icy and windy at mid-day but a very enjoyable ski outing at Baker today. The tracks and skate lanes are filling with leaf debris. More snow is needed. Not much traffic with maybe 10 cars in the lot, we encountered maybe an additional dozen skiers. A nice change from French Park for us!
(Tom Mayer)
Friday, January 3, 2020
Morning
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
95% good conditions for skating. The other 5% is because of ice patches in kinda random, sometimes unexpected places. Classic track was really icy almost everywhere. No bare ground anywhere. I used good skis without worry.
Photos:
(Rick Budde)
Wednesday, January 1, 2020
Morning
Firsthand: Freestyle 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
Skated "outer loop" including the Island late morning, temp ranging from about 28 and up (34 when I left around noon). Trails were all rated "Fair" on the board, which was a good assessment of the 95% of the trail that wasn't icy. Most leaves I've ever seen on the first long hill headed out, including turn toward the Island, though the low stretch to the Island and its loop were in surprisingly better shape. Skate deck was getting lots of traffic, but with the usual excellent grooming, well, it would have paid to go earlier in the day, when it was "excellent". Don't imagine they damaged my skis, but leaves, ice, and depth of the base made me glad I had the B skis.
(Richard Swenson)

Next Last